Thursday, May 15, 2008

I had to get a second opinion

I had to get a second opinion on my question i asked my grandmother, mom, and my uncle.

I asked my grandmother do she think children these days should be introduce to birth control at the age of 13 she agreed with me she said "yes" due to the fact that there are so many pregnancy's in the year of 2008. She told me that" she have seen so many young teenagers on the bus on her way to work" she said " it ridiculous".
Now my mother had a different opinion on it she think that birth control should be introduce once the child receive there period because some children like me get there period at the age of 11. Then start freaking at the age of 14. I didn't though. But then I said to her do she think that would increase the HIV and disease ratio. she then said " maybe" because if a child is told the correct ting about it when hey do start having sex they will still know to rap it up. She said "no matter what the case a female should always use a condom unless they are ready to have children".

Now my uncle on the other hand felt like my mother but also had a different opinion on it. He thinks that "females should have sex before marriage" but he do think it is ok for them to introduce it to them once they receive there period. I then asked him if i was his daughter would he had introduce birth control to me at the age 11. He said "no" then i went on and said to him "you just contradicted your word. " He then said " No i didn't" he said " I said its ok for it to be introduce to females at 13" but then he said "if you where my daughter me and u wold have a open relationship were we could talk about anything" I said "but what if i am scared to come talk to you" he said " that's normal mostly all daughters are scared to come to there father and talk" so i raped it up and said " so you think its ok for birth control to b introduce to females at the age of 13 ." he said "yes if they don't have a open relationship with here parents" so his answer kind of changed once i gave him examples.

But my family agree with me for most of the apart. But then you have to ask your self do you think the teens a start thinking its ok to have sex since they are on birth control and know they have a low risk in getting pregnant? Do you think are disease ratio a rise? There are still so many questions behind this little question that i have. I am now going to ask children around my neighborhood on these 2 questions and see what kind of answers i get.

Purdue, Inell. "Personal Interview." 05/14/2008 21 May 2008
Purdue, Gary. "Personal Interview." 05/14/2008 21 May 2008
Saxon, Inell. "Personal Interview." 05/14/2008 21 May 2008

2 comments:

rae_rae said...

Teen pregnancy does seem to have become an epidemic these days. I dont think introducing birth control at a young age would help though because then young girls would think it would be okay to have sex without condoms and i think the disease rate would rise dramatically. It seems that some girls these days are trying to get pregnant because of whatever reason and i dont understand why they would want to be a single mother so young. Plus the fact that guys mature slower then girls so if a girl does get pregnant its very unlikely that the guy would be mature enough to step up and take care of his responsibility. Something should be done to educate teens that they have so much a head of them before they should even start to think about having children.

Ayanna B. said...

I agree that more young girls shold go on birthcontrol because there are more and more teenaged pregnacy's every year and girls are trying to raise at a young age a lot f times without a father. Also bithcontrol can also help with other thing it it can regulate your period or it can help you with your cramp.