Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Is there help for me?


"Help me through this relationship, I need a way out"

Personally there is help, but people don't want it when its there for free. Some think that if they do get help you have to give something in return for recieving help, but little do they know you don't always have to return the favor if someone is helping you out of the kindness of their hearts. That's just the same with my cousin. Sh
e's older than me, but we're really close and we talk to each other about anything. She thought that if she did come to me about her problem then I would ask her for something in the long run, but I'm not that type of person who would say "If I do something for you, you gotta do something for me." No I'm not like that I open my arms to those who need help with whatever the storm maybe. I think all people should do what I do and that's lending a hand out.
If you have a friend or someone you know that is going thruogh this stand up and be a bigger person by helping them out if your a true a friend.
  • Be a good friend

Keep in mind, leaving an abusive relationship is sometimes like breaking a drug habit. She may relapse, crave the “drug”, and turn on you. This is when she needs you to be the most supportive an non-judgemental.

Consult a Professional if:

  • There is violence. In many cases, she may feel physically and emotionally unable to leave the relationship. If the relationship is violent, keep a log and be prepared to show it to the authorities.
  • There are children involved. Remind her that it is not only her safety at stake, but the children as well. If she doesn’t listen and the children may be at danger, many child social services programs take anonymous calls. Sometimes you will have to make that call.Also for those people who are seeking help but are afraid now is your chance to stop taking the abuse and get out for help why you can LADIES STAND UP FOR YOURSELF!!!

Obaez, Andrea. "Leavving a Abusive Relationship." [Weblog Is there help??] 5/22/08. 22 May 2008 .

No comments: